I tried syncing the carbs today. I followed the online instructions and used the unisync tool but now it’s revved up real high. What did I do wrong?
- I disconnected the throttle connecting plate which connects both carbs.
- I disconnected and plugged the vacuum advance to the distributor.
- I dialed in each idle screw and back out 2 turns.
- I dialed in each mixture screw and back out 2 turns.
- I used the unisync to measure the air flow into each carb.
- I adjusted the idle speed to match the air flow.
- Once matched, I attached the throttle plate and re-attached the vacuum advance.
As soon as I started it up, the RPMs were much higher than usual. So much so that when I let out the clutch the car leaps forward. What did I do wrong?